Is Flamingo Legit? Find Out Why You Shouldn’t Shop Here
Are you wanting to order from flamingo.shop but can’t decide whether they’re worth it or not? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Today, we’re answering the ultimate question: Is Flamingo shop legit? The quick answer is yes, they are a legitimate company. I received my order, returned everything, and got a refund. But, would I shop here again?
In this post, I will share my firsthand experience as a customer, from my order and return journey to my opinion on their clothing to brand information. Keep reading for the details!
After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your comment could be valuable and helpful to other readers. Also, if you know of an online shop that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know in this Shop Request form!
Table of Contents
What is Flamingo?
They are an online women’s clothing shop. Their team allegedly works hard to find big manufacturers who produce quality clothing. They also claim that their products are hand-picked, inspected, and packaged by their team.
Is Flamingo Sustainable?
Where is Flamingo Shop located?
According to their Terms & Conditions page, Facebook page, and my Order Confirmation email, they are located in the United States. They are located at the following addresses:
- 925 Enterprise St. Suite 140, Aurora, IL 60504
- Dover, DE, 19901
- 900 E. Pecan St. Suite 300-277, Pflugerville, TX 78660
Where does Flamingo clothing ship from?
My order was shipped to me from a warehouse/distribution center in New York (United States).
More Shop Details
- The website flamingo.shop was created in July 2018.
- According to their Terms & Conditions page and Facebook page, they are affiliated with the following legal business names:
- Flamingo Technologies HK Limited
- Flamingo Technologies LLC
- According to the Page Transparency section of their Facebook page, their business page is run by managers primarily located in China.
- They offer free shipping over $69.
- They allow returns within 7 days of receiving your order.
- The following items are not returnable: Swimwear, underwear/intimates, stockings/pantyhose, bodysuits, babydoll, jumpsuits, and Final sale items.
Flamingo Review and Order Details
I ordered the below items on 2/11/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $74.66 to Flamingo Technologies LLC via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *FLAMINGOTEC”. – View Order Confirmation
1) 90s Vintage Classic Flare Hem High Waist Jeans
- Color, Size, and Cost: Navy Blue / L / $23.99
- Country: Unknown
- Material: According to the product description, they are 70% Cotton, 28% Polyester, and 2% Spandex.
- Expectation: They are VERY different from what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance. In person, the color is much darker, the rise seems lower, the rinse and markings don’t seem to be there at all, and the thread color looks different.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is terrible. They are comparable to a pair of jeans you might find at one of those no-name stores at a strip mall.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and they fit well. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would return these Flamingo jeans. Even though they are cheap, they are incredibly thin and crinkly. I would much rather pay twice the price for jeans that don’t feel like a piece of paper.
2) Solid Slant Pocket Double Breasted Coat
- Color, Size, and Cost: Mocha / M / $22.99
- Country: Unknown
- Material: The product description states 100% Polyester. The care label, however, states 65% Cotton, and 35% Polyester.
- Expectation: It is VERY different from what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance. The material is shockingly low quality, it is more orange-colored in person, and it feels like I’m wearing a blanket rather than a coat.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is terrible. It is comparable to a coat you might find at one of those no-name stores at a strip mall.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it is the right size but doesn’t fit my body shape well. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would return this Flamingo coat. The material is exactly like that felt you would use for a kids’ sewing/craft project, and it is a straight fit, which isn’t great for my curvier shape. This may be cheap, but I would never wear this out in public.
3) Plus Lace Up Front Cami Denim Mini Dress
- Color, Size, and Cost: Gray / M / $20.99
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 73% Cotton, 23% Polyester, 2.5% Rayon, and 1.5% Spandex
- Expectation: It isn’t quite what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance. In person, the color is slightly more grey-looking, and the tie in the front is ridiculously short.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is terrible. It is comparable to a dress you might find at one of those no-name stores at a strip mall.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits about one size too big. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would return this Flamingo mini dress. The material is stretchy but stiff, and out of the bag, it has that somewhat damp feeling to it. It is terribly sewn, the bust area is unusually wide, and the seams are noticeably crooked.
4) Solid Knot Front Fleece Tank Top & Shorts PJ Set
- Color, Size, and Cost: Apricot / M / $14.99
- Country: Unknown
- Material: According to the product description, it is 70% Polyester, and 30% Cotton.
- Expectation: It is what I was expecting, for the most part, in terms of overall appearance. The top looks a little bit shorter in person.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is mediocre. It is comparable to a pajama set you might find at Charlotte Russe or Ross.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and the top fits a bit big, and the bottoms are one to two sizes too small. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would return this Flamingo pajama set. I think for the price, it’s fine if you like this type of clothing. The material is similar to those fuzzy fashion gloves you would find in the check-out line at Forever 21. The overall quality isn’t the best though. One of the legs is a bit longer than the other, and the straps are really cheaply constructed and not durable. The fit also isn’t great for me, since the shorts run a bit small and the top runs a bit big.
I received four items (plus a free necklace) in one package, which came from a warehouse in the United States. I was provided a tracking number.
Package Shipped From- 147-09 182nd St., Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
- Order placed on Mon, February 11th
- Order shipped on Thurs, February 20th
- Order received on Sat, February 27th
Total time of 16 days
Note: Their shipping policy states up to 14 business days (including processing time) for standard U.S. shipping.
Return & Refund Info
I emailed support to request a full return on February 28th. My request was approved two days later on March 2nd, and I was provided with the return address. I mailed the package on March 5th via UPS and paid a total of $17.40.
I received a full refund of $74.66 on March 30th. I received the refund twenty-five days after mailing the package. – View Refund Receipt
Provided Return Address– 925 Enterprise St. Suite 140, Aurora, IL 60504
- Customer service was fast to respond, and promptly provided the return address.
Is Flamingo Legit or a Scam?
Similar Sites & Analysis
According to Copyleaks (premium), the below plagiarism is detected:
- Their About page has similar content to – Dot Mall (several domain names), martinandmark.com, and luckysstudio.com – View Full Report on Copyleaks.com
- I noticed some incorrect grammar such as, “…Yet instead of creating a fancy brand and charge you extra for the quality you already deserve…”. This could be indicative of an overseas-run shop.
Do I Recommend This Shop?
Based on my experience, they are a legitimate site. I paid for my items, received them within the estimated time frame, successfully completed a return, and received a full refund.
With that being said, I personally would not shop here again.
To start with the positives, customer service was very fast and to the point. They were no-nonsense, and I was able to return my items quickly. The clothing (while poor quality) is also very affordable.
Now, for the negatives. They misrepresent their clothing both through the product images and descriptions (such as listing false material information), and the clothing quality overall is atrocious. I would, without hesitation, donate all of it.
To wrap up this review, regardless of my experience, be sure to read other customers’ reviews if they are available. If you found this post helpful in your search for Flamingo clothing reviews, please consider sharing and commenting. Also, let me know what I should review next in this Shop Request form.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and have a fantastic day!
Share This Post
Don’t Miss Any Shop Reviews!
Just an email each time a shop review goes up! Don’t worry, I won’t spam you.