Is Luxedress Legit? Genuine Review Worth Reading – Review My Closet
Have you browsed luxedress.com and do you find yourself asking if it’s a trustworthy women’s clothing boutique? Well, consider your question answered! In this extensive review, we will be addressing the question: Is Luxedress a legit website? From my personal shopping experience to reviews of the clothing, we present to you one of the most thorough and honest Luxedress reviews available. Let’s get started!
After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your comment could be valuable and helpful to other readers. Also, if you know of an online shop that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know in the request form at the end of this post!
Table of Contents
In this section of the review, I will be going over general brand/business information. Keep reading for more!
- Who is Luxedress? They are a clothing company that is all about empowering women. They collaborate with creative and innovative designers to create daring and edgy ‘luxury’ fashion pieces. Their vast collection of clothing caters to every occasion from more formal to casual. The company believes in offering the best quality products at an affordable price so that every woman can indulge in her fashion desires without burning a hole in her pocket.
- Do they claim to be sustainable? They don’t state anything on their site regarding efforts in sustainability, or ways that they give back to the community. Read this article, 13 Easy Ways To Know If A Brand Is Fast Fashion by Panaprium, for tell-tale signs of a fast fashion company.
- Do they offer free shipping? They offer free shipping on ALL orders.
- According to their Contact page, their business address is – 16273 E Gale Ave, La Puente, CA 91745
Clothing Review and Order Details
In this section of the review, I will be thoroughly reviewing each item I ordered and will provide detailed information about the shipment and return/refund process. Keep reading for more!
I ordered the below items on 5/17/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $197 to Luxedress (email@example.com) via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as *LUXEDRESS”. – View Order Confirmation
1) Casual Distressed Ripped Detail High Waist Straight Leg Boyfriend Jeans
- Color, Size, and Cost: Light Blue / M / $79
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 85% Cotton, and 15% Polyester
- Description: These jeans do not have any stretch.
- Expectation: They are what I was expecting, for the most part. The wash however is a bit darker in person.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is okay. Some of the seams were ripped at the base of the zipper (this is likely due to my trying to put them on. I didn’t force them, so the quality just isn’t great). They are comparable to jeans you might find at Target or H&M.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and they fit one to two sizes too small. I couldn’t get them on, unfortunately. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Value: In my opinion, these jeans are VERY overpriced.
2) Sexy Asymmetric Sweetheart Neck Corset Bandeau Top
- Color, Size, and Cost: White / M / $59
- Country: Unknown
- Material: Unknown. The product page and care label do not state the material composition.
- Description: This top is double-layered, and somewhat resembles a corset. It has semi-stiff ribbing, clear straps for hanging, and a zipper going down the back.
- Expectation: It isn’t quite what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance. In the product image, the neckline is more of a square-scoop shape, and the bottom v shape is more pronounced.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is okay. It is comparable to a top you might find at Target or H&M.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits well. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Value: In my opinion, this top is VERY overpriced.
3) Sexy Scalloped High Slit Square Neck Lace Maxi Dress
- Color, Size, and Cost: Black / L / $59
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 95% Polyester, and 5% Spandex
- Description: This dress contains an outer lace layer, and separated inner layers (top and bottom). The lace and inner layers are stretchy. The cups have silicone lining to help hold them in place.
- Expectation: It isn’t quite what I was expecting. In the product image, you can see a tie in the center of the chest between the cups. Mine doesn’t have a tie. The dress in general looks cheaper in person than it does in the product image.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is okay. It is comparable to a dress you might find at Target or H&M.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits, however, it feels a bit snug. View my body measurements for reference.
- Value: In my opinion, this dress is overpriced.
I received three items in two packages, and the packages came from a warehouse in the United States. I was provided a tracking number.
Package Origin Address- 290 Duffy Ave. Unit-B, Hicksville, NY 11801
- Order placed on Wed, May 17th
- Order shipped on Fri, May 19th / Mon, May 22nd
- Order received on Wed, May 24th / Tues, May 30th
Total time of 13 days (to receive complete order)
Return & Refund Info
I emailed support to request a full return on June 1st. My request was approved the next day June 2nd, and I was provided with the return address. I mailed the package on June 5th via USPS and paid a total of $44.75.
I received a full refund of $197 on July 20th. I received the refund forty-five days after mailing the package. – View Refund Receipt
Provided Return Address– Cainiao Post Station, Fuli International Financial Center, Guicheng Street, Nanhai District, Foshan City, Guangdong Province, 528253, China
Customer Support Experience
- They provided the return address promptly.
- They alternatively offered me a 20% refund or 30% gift card + keep the items.
- They advised that the declaration amount for each item should be less than $10, in order to avoid taxes or delays when the package arrives at customs (this is a section on an international mail form required by the post office). If taxes are due, the customer is responsible for the cost.
- They let me know that if the package is lost in transit (during the return process), they will take full responsibility and refund anyway.
Is Luxedress Legit or a Scam?
In this section of the review, I will check their site for originality, discuss any suspicious information found, answer whether this company is legitimate or not, and let you know my recommendation. Keep reading for more!
Plagiarism & Analysis
According to Copyleaks (premium), the below plagiarism has been detected:
- Nothing was found.
- The writing on their site is somewhat poor. For example, “Luxedress works with innovative designers and creates the daring and edgy luxury fashion for women…”. This could be indicative of an overseas-run shop.
Do I Recommend Luxedress?
Based on my experience, they are legitimate. I paid for my items, received them within the estimated time frame, successfully completed a return, and received a full refund.
With that being said, I personally would not shop here again.
Although customer support has been great and easy to deal with, and the initial shipping cost was free, there are a couple big negatives. Firstly, if you anticipate wanting to return anything, the return address is in China. So for most of you, I suspect that would be a VERY expensive return. And secondly, all three of the items ordered were just ‘okay’ quality, and were pretty overpriced.
If you choose to shop here, always shop with caution. I urge you to read reviews by other customers as well.
Thank you for dropping in and reading this post! If you were looking for a Luxedress review and found this post to be helpful, please share it below. Be sure to leave a comment, and let me know what shop I should review next in the form below!
Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!
Share This Post
Brand Review Request
Poll – Vote!
Question: If I opened a women’s clothing store on reviewmycloset.com, would you be interested in shopping?
Each item would be hand-selected, and personally reviewed by me (I would leave an honest and helpful review on every single product page). Items that don’t get my seal of approval would never get listed. Honesty and transparency are non-negotiables.