MICAS Review: Is Their Clothing Good? – Review My Closet
Are you considering shopping at MICAS but uncertain if they are a good online clothing site? Well, you’re in for a treat as we dive deep into the question – Is MICAS legit? In this all-inclusive review, we leave no stone unturned as we explore my entire shopping journey with the brand – from placing my order to making a return. Additionally, we take a closer look at the quality of the clothes in our quest to give you one of the most comprehensive MICAS reviews you can find online. Stick with us for an in-depth analysis of everything MICAS has to offer!
P.S. After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your feedback, especially if you have a personal experience with this shop, will be extremely valuable to all readers who come across this post!
Looking for a quick read? Click the Jump to Final Verdict button to skip to my ultimate recommendation, or click Jump to Clothing Reviews to skip to my analysis of the actual clothing.
Table of Contents
In this section of the MICAS review, I will go over general brand information, their policies, and more. Keep reading to get the details!
Who is MICAS? According to their About page, they are a team of creative, globe-trotting designers who combine contemporary trends with a unique flair to create fashionable apparel that reflects each individual’s unique identity. Each item of clothing is carefully crafted with superior materials, before being passed on to a team of dedicated quality control experts who make sure that only the very best products are made available to customers. They support female empowerment and encourage their customers to embrace their authenticity, nurture their well-being, and look their best, no matter the occasion. With an array of apparel, Micas celebrates the diversity of its global community, offering fashionable items for all fashionistas to find their own “Style A Cut Above”.
What is MICAS’s seller name, and do they run any other online stores? The seller name shown on my PayPal account is Micas. I am unsure if they operate other online stores, but I will update this section if I learn anything new.
What is MICAS’s legal business name? Unknown. I don’t see anything listed on their website or in my PayPal transaction that looks like a legal business name.
What does MICAS sell & do they carry plus sizes? They list categories for women’s dresses, tops, bottoms, accessories, and more. They do not appear to carry plus sizes at this time.
Where is MICAS located & what is their business address? According to their Contact page, they are located in Hong Kong. Their business address is – RM 2609, CHINA RESOURCES BLDG – 26 Harbour Rd, Wanchai, Hong Kong, 999077.
Where is MICA’s clothing made & where does their clothing ship from? All of the clothing I received was made in China. My order came from a warehouse in Franklin Park, Illinois (United States).
❌ Read my note here (in the table of contents, click Shipping Qs and see #1) for further explanation on the different locations that come into play when you place an order.
How long has MICAS been in business? According to a domain age-checking tool, their website was created in 2021.
Is MICAS a sustainable brand? According to their About page, their dedication to quality and attention to detail is further supplemented by their commitment to a small-batch production model and the well-being of their workers. This approach helps them craft clothing pieces that last for years to come and represent the modern standard for fashion production. However, due to their complete lack of transparency regarding their alleged sustainability efforts, they likely are greenwashing as a sales tactic. This leads me to believe that they are a fast fashion company.
❌ Read my note here (in the table of contents, click Business Practice Qs and see #4) for further explanation on sketchy sustainability claims.
Also, check out this article by Panaprium which details ways to know if a brand is fast fashion.
Plus all major credit/debit cards.
The below times and costs are based on living in the United States. Please refer to their complete policy for all other applicable countries.
- Processing Time: 3-10 business days
- Shipping Time: Standard 10-15 business days (express available)
- Shipping Cost: $6.99 for subtotal under $69, free shipping for subtotal over $69, or express option
A return can be requested within 14 days of receiving all your items. To initiate a return, email support with the subject line “Return Request: #XXXXXX(Order Number)”. In the email, you will need to provide the item(s) to be returned, as well as the reason for the return. After it’s approved, return instructions will be sent.
All items to be returned must be unwashed, unaltered, and undamaged, and must come with the original package and original tags still attached. It typically takes 10 working days after the return is received at the warehouse for the refund to be processed.
You must cover the return shipping cost.
- Email: email@example.com
- Response Time: They will respond within 48 business hours.
❌ Business hours likely means an 8-hour day, Monday through Friday. If this assumption is correct, it could take up to 8 days for them to respond.
Click on the icons to see MICAS’s social media pages. Google Play and iOS apps also available.
MICAS Site Check
In this section of the MICAS review, I will state my findings regarding possible duplicate or copied content on pages that are expected to be unique, using plagiarism-checking software. Here is what was found:
Nothing was found. Their About page and Contact page appear to be original.
In this section of the MICAS review, I will go over the details of my order from what I purchased to the return status. Keep reading for more!
How I Paid
- I paid with PayPal.
- I sent a payment of $70.00 USD to MICAS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The charge will appear on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *MICAS“.
I received the following emails from MICAS once I placed my order:
- Order Confirmed email on 2/26. This email contains my order number.
- You’ve Earned Points email on 2/26.
- Shipment Is on the Way email on 2/26. This one contains a tracking number.
- Shipping Update email on 2/27.
- Another Shipping Update email on 3/1.
- Shipment Delivered email on 3/11.
How Long It Took to Arrive
- Order placed on Sun, Feb 26
- Order shipped on Sun, Feb 26
- Order received on Sat, Mar 11
Total time of 13 days
Delivered (My Address) -> Delivered, Front Door/Porch
Out for Delivery (My Address) -> Out for Delivery
In Transit (My Address) -> Arrived at Post Office
In Transit (My Address) -> Accepted at USPS Facility
Info Received -> Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
What I Received
I received both items in one package, and the package came from a warehouse in Franklin Park, Illinois (United States). The items match what is on my order confirmation email.
❌ The sender’s address states California, but it is actually Illinois.
Order & Package Images
Click on the thumbnails below to see the whole image.
Return & Refund
- Return requested: I emailed support to request a full return on March 13th.
- Return approved: My request was approved on March 22nd, and I was provided with the return address. I had to ask for the address twice.
- Return package mailed: I mailed the return package on March 27th.
- Courier, return cost, and destination: I used USPS and paid $8.80 for the return shipping. The return address is in Illinois (United States).
- Return received by MICAS: They emailed me on April 4th and let me know that they initiated the refund.
- Refund received: I received $70.00 (full refund) back to my PayPal on April 6th. (See image below)
Total time from request to refund: 22 days
(Me) Mon, Mar 13
I have a few questions about your company as a new customer and want to return both items.
Where is your company based?
Where is your clothing made/ where does it ship from?
How long have you been in business?
Do you sell plus or maternity sizes?
I also wanted to return both items from my order: #xxxxx. Nothing wrong with them, just don’t want them anymore.
(MICAS) Mon, Mar 20
Thanks for contacting Micas!
Oh, no! That does not sound right. Sorry to hear that the order was not up to your expectations. We strive to ensure that every product comes in perfect condition! To better help us understand and assist with the problem, would you mind letting us know the reason for the return and sending us some pictures of the product you requested for return? Thanks for choosing Micas.
Drop us a line if you have another question!
Bessie from MICAS
(Me) Tues, Mar 21
Not the quality I was expecting (and sent them images of the clothing)
(MICAS) Tues, Mar 21
Thank you for contacting Micas! We’re so bummed to hear that you wanted to return your Micas item(s)!
As noted in our company’s Return Policy, the Last Sale items, Bikini, Bodysuits, and Accessories (except for scarves) are non-returnable/refundable. All returns can be made within 14 days from the date you received your items. In order to be eligible for a return, items must not be washed, worn, altered, or damaged. All original tags must still be attached and come with the original package. Thanks for your understanding! You will need to bear the return shipping fee. Your order is eligible for a return, and we’re happy to process a return for you.
As an alternative option, we suggest that you keep the item. If you’re interested, we want to make it up to you and offer an exclusive 10% OFF discount to you. The code has no minimum or maximum spending requirements. How does that sound?
Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your understanding!
Bessie from MICAS
(Me) Tues, Mar 21
I want to return. Please provide the return address.
(MICAS) Wed, Mar 22
Thank you for getting back to us!
We are so bummed to hear that you weren’t happy with your purchase. Don’t worry. We can definitely help you with the process! Please note that we will not be able to cover the return shipping fee for you.
After receiving and checking the package, we will refund the items you requested for return to you in Gift Card or Cash.
Gift card: full store credit of US $70 for the returned item PLUS an additional US $14 credit. You can redeem it or share the code with your friends. Please note that the store credit is valid for 3 months.
Cash: A refund of US $70 to the original payment method, and you will receive the refund within 3-10 business days.
If you want to keep the items instead, we can offer you a 20% OFF discount code for your next order. Let us know if you’re interested in this option!
To return the eligible item(s) you ordered:
Repackage the item(s) in good condition with our package(s). Note: items must not be washed, worn, altered, or damaged. All original tags must still be attached and come with the original package.
Put a piece of paper with your order number in your package.
Pack your return parcel well.
Submit the return shipping information to your selected courier. If your courier requests the contact number, please get in touch with us.
Address: 925 Enterprise St, Aurora, IL, 60504
Please don’t forget to keep the return receipt from the courier. You can track the parcel with the information on the receipt.
Send us an email with your tracking number and return information after shipping.
Thank you for your patience and looking forward to your reply!
Bessie from Micas
(Me) Wed, Mar 22
Thank you. I want a full refund to my original payment method
(MICAS) Thurs, Mar 23
Thank you for getting back to us!
We got you, After receiving and checking the package, we will refund the items you requested for return to you in Cash.
(Me) Sun, Mar 26
*Sent them the return tracking number*
End of Emails
MICAS Clothing Reviews
In this section of the MICAS review, I will provide my body measurements for reference, along with detailed reviews of the clothing I ordered. Keep reading for more!
- Shape– Hourglass
- Height– 5’5” | 165 cm
- Weight– 148 lbs | 62.5 kg
- Dress Size– S-M | 6-8
- Bottoms Size– M-L | 8-10 | 29-30
- Top Size– S-M | 6
- Shoulder– 15.4 in | 39 cm
- Chest– 36.2 in | 92 cm
- Arm Length– 22.4 in | 57 cm
- Waist– 29.9 in | 76 cm
- Upper Hip– 39.2 in | 99.5 cm
- Lower Hip– 41 in | 104.1 cm
- Inseam– 28 in | 71 cm
Description: This MICAS skirt is crafted from a blend of 35% polyester and 65% cotton, with a regular fit and no stretch. It is brown in color and not sheer. It is suitable for casual occasions.
- Color: Brown
- Size: L
- Cost: $30.00
- Expectation: It isn’t quite what I was expecting. The pockets are smaller in person and the material is unbelievably thin and cheap.
- Quality: The quality is bad.
- Fit: It is the right size, but it doesn’t fit my body shape well.
- Value: This skirt is overpriced. I would pay $15 at the most.
Click on the thumbnails below to see the whole image.
- The material is very thin.
- The back seam in the center is sewn in a way where it looks wrinkled (not a smooth straight line).
- This is not a good fit for curvy women.
- The cost is much too high for how low quality this is.
Description: This MICAS shirt jacket is a casual item that is composed of 100% polyester. It has a loose fit, with no stretch, and is not sheer. The color of this jacket is multicolored but primarily red.
- Color: Red
- Size: M
- Cost: $40.00
- Expectation: It isn’t quite what I was expecting. The jacket has a lot of yarn sewn in which is easily pulled out and will fray in the wash.
- Quality: The quality is pretty good.
- Fit: It fits a bit big.
- Value: This jacket is overpriced. I would pay $30 at the most.
Click on the thumbnails below to see the whole image.
- This is constructed very well. It has a very nice weight to hit, and the texture of the jacket is soft and feels durable.
- The coloring is gorgeous.
- While it feels well constructed, the jacket has actual yarn woven into it. It is craft yarn, which I don’t think will wash well.
- If you aren’t wearing long sleeves underneath, the material feels a bit itchy.
- The side pockets are a nice depth, however, they are too far back. This means that when I try to stick my hands in the pocket, it feels a bit awkward and the jacket shifts in an unflattering way if I were to completely relax my hands in the pockets.
- I accidentally tugged on a string of yarn and I couldn’t easily put it back. This is quite delicate.
Q&A – My Overall Experience
In this section of the MICAS review, I will answer both general and specific questions regarding the company, my order, and my experience as a customer. Keep reading for more!
📦 Order Related
- Did the order arrive on time and as expected? Yes, the package arrived within the estimated time frame, and everything in the package is as expected.
- Did they let you know when the items shipped and did they provide a tracking number? Yes, they sent me an email letting me know that the order was on the way. This email contained the tracking number.
- What is the general quality of the items ordered? Based on my order, I would rate the quality 2.5 out of 5 stars. The quality of MICAS’s clothing is below average. It is hard for me to say definitively though, since I only got two items and they are both quite different in quality.
- How accurate is the sizing based on the items ordered? Based on my order, the clothing is true to size (although the jacket is slightly big for my taste). I referenced the size charts.
- Were there any issues or discrepancies with the payment? No, my PayPal was charged the expected amount.
- Does the clothing have brand tags and sufficient care label information? Yes, the clothing has MICAS brand tags.
📧 Support & Return Related
- Was the return request approved? Yes, it was approved 9 days later. Although communication was slow, they provided the return address right away.
- Was customer service helpful and did they offer any return/refund alternatives? Yes, they were helpful and they did offer that I keep the items for a small refund.
- What country is the return address in and what was the return cost? The return address that they provided to me is in the United States. I paid $8.80 for the return shipping.
- Was the refund successful? Yes, I received the agreed-upon refund amount on April 6th.
- Did support reach out about any issues with the order? No, there weren’t any issues with the order.
🌐 Company & Site Related
- Are they sustainable? I do not believe that they are sustainable despite claiming to be.
- Are their prices fair and are they affordable? Based on my order, I think they charge too much for the quality. Affordability-wise, the clothing is overall very affordable. The average cost of a top (based on their best-selling list) is around $24.
- Is there anything important to know regarding any of their policies? No.
- Do they offer free shipping and other discounts? Yes, they offer free shipping for over $69. They also have coupons available.
In this section of the MICAS review, I will answer whether this company is legitimate and if I recommend that others shop here. Keep reading for more! Note: If my purchased items arrive, I am able to return the items successfully, and I receive a refund in the agreed-upon amount, I am deeming the company legitimate.
Is MICAS Clothing Legit or a Scam?
Based on my experience, they are legitimate. I paid for my items, received them within the estimated time frame, completed a return, and received a refund in the expected amount. The time range for the entire process from the purchase date to the refund date is February 26th to April 6th.
Do I Recommend MICAS?
- If you are looking for generally affordable and/or okay-quality clothing: Yes, I recommend MICAS.
- If you are looking for sustainable clothing: No, I do not recommend MICAS.
Although my shopping experience with them is deemed legitimate and has overall been positive, always shop with caution. I urge you to read as many reviews from customers as you can find, in order to make the best decision.
Have a Brand Review Request?
Know of any online women’s clothing brands or shops that you would like to see a review on? Please let me know here!
Poll – Vote!
Question: If I opened a women’s clothing store on reviewmycloset.com, would you be interested in shopping?
I’m considering partnering with a U.S.-based wholesaler and opening a women’s clothing shop. Each item would be hand-selected, and personally reviewed by me (I would leave an honest and helpful review on every single product page). Items that don’t get my seal of approval would never get listed. Honesty and transparency are non-negotiables – absolutely no misleading information or price gouging. This shop would likely only be available for U.S.-based shoppers (unless there is international interest).
Thank you for dropping in and reading this post! If you find this MICAS review helpful and informational, please share it with others and spread the word! Be sure to subscribe to the monthly update email so you don’t miss out on new posts.
Share This Post