Is Pink Lily Legit? A Guide Before Buying
Are you wondering if pinklily.com is a good place to shop? Well, if you’re hesitant to make a purchase, I’ve got you covered. Today, we’re diving headfirst into one of the most frequently asked questions: Is Pink Lily boutique legit? The quick answer is yes, they are a legitimate company. I received my order, returned everything, and got a refund. But, would I shop here again?
In this post, I’ll be sharing my shopping and returning experience, along with my opinion on their clothing and brand information. So, keep reading for more!
After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your comment could be valuable and helpful to other readers. Also, if you know of an online shop that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know in this Shop Request form!
Table of Contents
About Pink Lily
What is Pink Lily?
They are a family-owned women’s clothing shop. Since 2014, their mission has been to inspire women to achieve their best through fashion, positivity, and community.
Is Pink Lily fast fashion?
Yes, they most likely are. While they don’t mention anything about sustainability, they discuss in great detail the various charities they work with. According to their Philanthropy page, throughout the last few years, they have partnered with countless organizations to give back to those in need. For instance, in 2018, they donated over $60,000 in goods to Hope House Ministries and Toys for Tots in Kentucky, as well as $8,663 to the Warren County Humane Society.
Read this article, 13 Easy Ways To Know If A Brand Is Fast Fashion by Panaprium, for tell-tale signs of a fast fashion company.
Where is Pink Lily located?
According to their site, they are located in the United States. They are located at the following places:
- 2425 Scottsville Rd #100, Bowling Green, KY, 42101 (retail store)
- 323 Mitch McConnell Way, Bowling Green, KY 42101 (mailing address)
Where does Pink Lily get their clothes from?
One of my items was made in the U.S., and the other was made in China.
Where does Pink Lily ship from?
My order was shipped to me from a warehouse/distribution center in Kentucky (United States).
More Shop Details
- The website pinklily.com was created in September 2003. I suspect someone else owned this domain up until 2014, which was when this clothing brand started.
- According to their Terms of Service page, their legal business name is Jack Riley Investments LLC.
- They offer free shipping over $75 within the continental US.
- According to their Return policy, returned merchandise will be processed for a Pink Lily E-Gift Card only. However, they allowed me to return my items for a refund (back to my original payment) as a ‘courtesy’.
- They allow returns within 30 days of the shipment date.
- The following items are not returnable: Personalized items, lingerie, jewelry, face masks, hair accessories, hosiery, mystery bags, and Final Sale items.
Pink Lily Review and Order Details
I ordered the below items on 3/26/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $113.69 to Pink Lily / Jack Riley Investments LLC (email@example.com) via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *PINKLILYBOU”. – View Order Confirmation
1) Sitting In The Garden Brown Floral Romper
- Color, Size, and Cost: Brown / M / $52
- Country: Made in the United States
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Expectation: It is exactly what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is good. It is comparable to a romper you might find at Express or Gap.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it does fit. However, it is slightly too short for my torso, so I would prefer a size up. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would keep this Pink Lily romper. It is a bit pricey, but the quality is great. It overall feels sturdy and I don’t see any poor sewing or loose threads. I also love that it has an inner lining,
2) Allie Yellow Straight Leg Jeans
- Color, Size, and Cost: Yellow / 29 / $54
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 98% Cotton, and 2% Spandex
- Expectation: They are what I was expecting, for the most part, in terms of overall appearance. In person, they are more of a macaroni yellow rather than a beige (which is what I expected based on the product image).
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is decent. They are comparable to a pair of jeans you might find at Target or H&M.
- Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and they fit one to two sizes too small. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Keep or Return: I would return these Pink Lily jeans. If they were the correct size, I would keep them as I think they are generally decent quality and have a nice slight stretch to them. The button and zipper however seem a bit cheap to me. For the quality, I think they are overall fairly priced.
I received two items in one package, and the package came from a warehouse in the United States. I was provided a tracking number.
Package Shipped From- 472 Century St., Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Order placed on Sun, March 26
- Order shipped on Thurs, March 30
- Order received on Sat, April 1
Total time of 6 days
Note: Their shipping policy states up to 8 business days (including processing time) for standard U.S. shipping.
Return & Refund Info
I completed a return request for all items on April 2nd via their return portal. My return was instantly approved, and I was provided a prepaid return label. I mailed the package on April 5th via USPS. While the label was prepaid, Pink Lily deducted $6 from my refund for the label.
I received a full refund (minus the label cost) of $107.69 on April 11th. I received the refund six days after mailing the package. – View Refund Receipt
Provided Return Address– 323 Mitch McConnel Way, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- When using the return portal, it states that they only offer a refund in the form of store credit. I checked in with customer support via instant chat, and they let me know that they can refund back to the original payment method (but as a one-time courtesy).
- During this same instant message session, I then asked if this was a one-time courtesy offered to everyone automatically, or just for those who reach out to support. They stopped responding and left me hanging. Pretty unprofessional.
- They also completely ignored an email I sent asking more about their Philanthropy (they have an entire page dedicated to this).
Is Pink Lily Legit or a Scam?
Similar Sites & Analysis
Do I Recommend This Shop?
Based on my experience, they are legitimate. I paid for my items, received them within the estimated time frame, successfully completed a return, and received a full refund (minus the prepaid label fee).
With that being said, I would conditionally shop here again.
While I am generally happy with the clothing quality, fast shipping, and ease/speed of the return and refund, I am pretty disappointed in their customer service. They stopped responding to my instant messages and completely ignored a separate email further inquiring about their Philanthropy information. So, would I buy from Pink Lily if I saw something really cute and cheaply priced? Probably. Now, would I make this my go-to online shop whenever I’m looking for new clothes? Probably not, as I don’t appreciate poor communication and ghosting.
To wrap up this review, regardless of my experience, be sure to read other customers’ reviews if they are available. If you found this post helpful in your search for Pink Lily boutique reviews, please consider sharing and commenting. Also, let me know what I should review next in this Shop Request form.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and have a fantastic day!
Share This Post
Don’t Miss Any Shop Reviews!
Just an email each time a shop review goes up! Don’t worry, I won’t spam you.