Is Azazie Legit? A Must-Read Dress Review – Review My Closet
Are you feeling hesitant about making your first purchase on azazie.com? You’ve come to the right place; I am here to shed light on the burning question: Is Azazie a legit website? In this post, I’ll take you through my shopping experience and give you my candid opinion on the custom bridesmaid dress I bought. Keep reading for one of the best Azazie reviews out there!
After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your comment could be valuable and helpful to other readers. Also, if you know of an online shop that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know in the request form at the end of this post!
Table of Contents
In this section of the review, I will be going over general brand/business information. Keep reading for more!
- Who is Azazie? They are a bridal fashion company that believes that every woman, regardless of size or budget, deserves to find the perfect dress. The company offers a wide range of body-inclusive dresses, all of which are made to order in sizes ranging from 0-30. To further ensure a perfect fit, they provide free custom sizing, allowing women to have their dresses tailored to their specific measurements. In addition, the company offers a convenient at-home try-on program, where customers can select up to three gowns to try on from the comfort of their own homes.
- Do they claim to be sustainable? According to their About page, they have a strong commitment to sustainability, and as a result, all bridesmaid, wedding, and mother-of-the-bride dresses are cut-to-order. In addition, according to their FAQ, unsold dresses are eventually donated to the non-profit organization, Princess Project, which provides prom dresses to young women in need. Read this article, 13 Easy Ways To Know If A Brand Is Fast Fashion by Panaprium, for tell-tale signs of a fast fashion company.
- Do they offer free shipping? They offer free shipping on orders over $119.
- According to a marketing email, their business address is – 100 Century Center Ct. Suite 330, San Jose, CA 95112
- According to a marketing email, their legal business name is – AZAZIE, Inc.
Clothing Review and Order Details
In this section of the review, I will be thoroughly reviewing each item I ordered and will provide detailed information about the shipment and return/refund process. Keep reading for more!
I ordered the below items on 7/14/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $128.16 to Azazie Inc (firstname.lastname@example.org) via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *AZAZIE INC”. – View Order Confirmation
1) Azazie Raya
- Color, Size, and Cost: Bronzer / Custom / $109
- Custom Size Details:
- Bust: 35 inches
- Waist: 28 inches
- Hips: 40 inches
- Hollow to Floor: 55.5 inches
- Height: 65 inches
- Extra Length: 3 inches
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Description: This dress feels very smooth, and the material is akin to a thinner curtain with more drape. It could also be compared to a silkier tablecloth. It has straps for hanging easy hanging, boning under the armpits, and a zipper in the back. The front chest area has three layers (outer facing, inner facing, and a layer hidden in between).
- Expectation: It is exactly what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance.
- Quality: In my opinion, the quality is pretty good. It is comparable to a dress you might find at Macy’s or JCPenney.
- Fit: I ordered slightly smaller than my body measurements, and it fits like a glove! I have a 29-inch waist, and I ordered a 28-inch waist. While it does fit, it ALMOST feels too tight. I also wore 3-inch heels with the dress, and the added length in the ‘Extra Length’ section is too long. I should have put 1-2 inches instead of 3 inches to achieve floor length. A quick note, I do not need to wear a bra or pasties! The padding is thick and textured enough that nothing shows through. View my body measurements for size reference.
- Value: In my opinion, this dress is fairly priced.
2) Azazie Wedding Garment Bag (Free Gift)
Standard full-length dress bag.
3) Cozy Plaid Wrap
I purchased this scarf to offset the shipping cost. I was ~$10 away from free shipping and figured that if I was going to pay that amount anyway, I might as well get an item. As a result, I will not be reviewing this since this post is centered around the custom dress.
I received three items in two packages, and the packages came from a warehouse in the United States. I was provided a tracking number.
(Dress & Bag) Package Origin Address- Logan Township, NJ 08085
- Order placed on Fri, July 14th
- Order shipped on Thurs, July 27th
- Order received on Sun, July 30th
(Other Item) Package Origin Address- Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
- Order placed on Fri, July 14th
- Order shipped on Mon, July 24th
- Order received on Sat, July 29th
Total time of 16 days (to receive complete order)
Return & Refund Info
Per their return policy, all custom dresses are not returnable. This is standard with most stores as these items typically cannot be resold. I reached out to them to ask about the location of their return address for informational purposes. Please see below.
Provided Return Address– 881 Wrigley Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
Customer Support Experience
- I reached out to them through their instant chat, and they got back to me within 12 hours (I believe I reached out to them during off hours).
- They let me know that my order was made overseas (China).
Is Azazie Legit or a Scam?
In this section of the review, I will check their site for originality, discuss any suspicious information found, answer whether this company is legitimate or not, and let you know my recommendation. Keep reading for more!
Plagiarism & Analysis
Do I Recommend Azazie?
Based on my experience, they are a legitimate site. I paid for my items, and received them within the estimated time frame.
With that being said, I would shop here again.
The bridesmaid dress is beautiful and of decent quality. The custom measurements I provided seem to be pretty accurate, aside from the ‘Extra Length’ part. According to their measuring guide, they say to add extra length for floor length depending on how tall your shoes are (for example, if you are wearing 2 inches heels, add 2 inches to the Extra Length). This ended up being too long for me, and I had to hem around 1-2 inches (for my 3-inch heels).
It arrived earlier than the time frame they provided, and this is especially important if you are ordering a dress for a wedding that is coming up quickly. In my case, I ordered somewhat last minute and was pleased when it arrived even quicker than I expected. Customer service, from my short interaction with them, was fine. They answered my questions and got back to me within a reasonable time. Overall, I don’t have any notable complaints. Decent quality garments, and prices that don’t cost an arm and a leg? I’m in!
I would also like to point out that while I didn’t take advantage, they offer try-ons (for a small cost) and sample material swatches (free or low cost). So, if you are really trying to maximize efficiency and get what you want, these are great options!
If you choose to shop here, always shop with caution. I urge you to read reviews by other customers as well.
Thank you for dropping in and reading this post! If you were looking for Azazie dress reviews and found this post to be helpful, please share it below. Be sure to leave a comment, and let me know what shop I should review next in the form below!
Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!
Share This Post
Brand Review Request
Poll – Vote!
Question: If I opened a women’s clothing store on reviewmycloset.com, would you be interested in shopping?
Each item would be hand-selected, and personally reviewed by me (I would leave an honest and helpful review on every single product page). Items that don’t get my seal of approval would never get listed. Honesty and transparency are non-negotiables.