Aelfric Eden Review – Legitimate or a Scam?
Are you feeling a little hesitant about shopping on aelfriceden.com? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. To quickly address the question on your mind: Is Aelfric Eden legit? The short answer is yes, they are a legitimate company. I received my order, returned everything, and got a refund. But, would I shop here again?
In this post, I will share with you my purchase and return experience, my thoughts on their clothing, and brand information. Keep reading for more!
After reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Your comment could be valuable and helpful to other readers. Also, if you know of an online shop that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know in this Shop Request form!
Table of Contents
About Aelfric Eden
What is Aelfric Eden?
They are an online streetwear clothing shop founded in 2014 in Los Angeles, CA. The brand is the brainchild of an Asian American founder whose upbringing is a unique blend of Eastern and Western cultures. They draw inspiration from street elements from various cultures and transform them into mainstream fashion.
Is Aelfric Eden ethical?
No, they likely are not. They don’t state anything on their site regarding efforts in sustainability. However, according to their About page, they claim to have partnered with a non-profit organization committed to donating to children in need. Since they don’t substantiate this claim, I am inclined to think they are being dishonest. I can confirm, however, that my items arrived in recyclable packaging.
Read this article, 13 Easy Ways To Know If A Brand Is Fast Fashion by Panaprium, for tell-tale signs of a fast fashion company.
Where does Aelfric Eden ship from?
My packages shipped to me from warehouses/distribution centers in New York (United States).
Where is Aelfric Eden located?
According to their marketing emails and their Facebook business page, they are located in the following areas:
- San Marino, Los Angeles, 91108 (United States)
- 深圳 广东, 518114 (China)
Additionally, according to the Page Transparency section of their Facebook page, their business page is run by managers primarily located in China.
More Shop Details
- The website aelfriceden.com was created in February 2017.
- According to their Terms of Service page, and their Facebook business page, they are affiliated with the following legal business names:
- HONGKONG AELFRICEDEN CO., LIMITED
- 深圳市帝迩科技有限公司 (translates to Shenzhen Dier Technology Co., Ltd.)
- They have a member points system and offer student discounts.
- They offer free standard shipping on all orders worldwide.
- They allow returns within 30 days of receiving your order.
- Clearance items, Final Sale items, and orders made using store credit or coupons only, are non-returnable.
Aelfric Eden Review and Order Details
I ordered the below items on 9/25/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $229.85 to AELFRIC EDEN via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *AELFRICAC2S”. – View Order Confirmation
1) Rope Decoration Big Pocket Cargo Pants
- Color, Size, and Cost: Pink / 29 (US 8) / $69.95
- Country: Made in China
- Material: 100% Cotton (the Jute pair)
Expectation: They are what I was expecting, for the most part, in terms of overall appearance. They sent me the wrong pair, so at a glance, this one has more of a purple tone to it.
Quality: In my opinion, the quality is good. They are comparable to a pair of pants you might find at Express or H&M.
Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and they fit well. View my body measurements for size reference.
Keep or Return: I would keep these Aelfric Eden cargo pants.
I normally have a hard time finding perfectly fitting baggy pants due to my body proportions, and THESE FIT LIKE A DREAM! They are so comfortable, fit perfectly in the waist and hips, and are very flattering. The material itself is non-stretch, and they feel pretty durable. Also, the front pockets are deep, and the rope belt is of good quality and has a cool aesthetic.
2) Cut-out Knitting Sweater
- Color, Size, and Cost: Beige / M / $59.95
- Country: Made in China
- Material: The product page states 100% Cotton.
Expectation: It is exactly what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance.
Quality: In my opinion, the quality is good. It is comparable to a cropped sweater you might find at Express or H&M.
Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits well. View my body measurements for size reference.
Keep or Return: I would return this Aelfric Eden cropped sweater.
While I like this sweater, and think that it is made decently well and fits well, I think it is too expensive. If this were made from organic cotton, I would consider keeping it for the price.
3) Aelfric Eden Embroidery Butterfly Varsity Jacket
- Color, Size, and Cost: Pink / M / $99.95
- Country: Made in China
- Material: The product page states 95% Polyester, and 5% Spandex. The care label, however, states: LINING- 100% Polyester MAIN- 92% Polyester, and 8% Spandex.
Expectation: It is what I was expecting, for the most part, in terms of overall appearance. The stripes on the ribbed band at the bottom and the collar are more white-looking than I expected.
Quality: In my opinion, the quality is pretty good. It is comparable to a varsity jacket you might find at Express or Gap.
Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits 1 size too big. View my body measurements for size reference.
Keep or Return: I would return this Aelfric Eden varsity jacket.
While the jacket feels velvety soft on the outside, the embroidery looks well done, the pockets are deep, and the jacket overall has a good weight to it, the material of the lining frays terribly. At first, I wanted to keep this jacket. However, after inspecting it, I could see the long threads from the liner coming out from the seams. See the two images above showing this occurring inside the cuff and bottom of the jacket. If you were to look closely through the sheer liner material right above the seams, you can see the folded raw edge behind. I could cut these off, however, I worry that these threads will keep coming out with each wash.
I received three items in two packages at my address in North Carolina (United States). The packages came from warehouses/ distribution centers in the United States. The varsity jacket came separately because it was a pre-order. I was not aware of this and was emailed on September 28th (either I missed the notice on the product page or they didn’t have any info about this posted). I was provided tracking numbers for both.
Packages Shipped From: 18230 150th Rd., Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 AND 18208 149th Ave., Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
- Order placed on Mon, September 25th
- Order shipped on Tues, October 10th
- Order received on Tues, October 17th
- Order placed on Mon, September 25th
- Order shipped on Thurs, October 19th
- Order received on Wed, October 25th
Total time of 30 days (to receive the complete order)
Note: Their shipping policy states up to 20 business days (including processing time) for standard U.S. shipping.
Return & Refund Info
I emailed support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a full return on October 25th. My request was approved the same day, and I was provided with the return address. I mailed the package on October 26th via USPS and paid a total of $13.42.
I received a full refund of $229.85 on November 1st. I received the refund six days after I mailed the package. – View Refund Receipt
Provided Return Address: 18501 Arenth Ave #68527889, City of Industry, CA 91748
Note: If your return is international, I recommend printing out the native language version of the return address. For example, if your return is in China, print out the address written in Chinese characters. Tape it on the package next to the provided English address — per the advice of a USPS worker, doing this can help with delivery on the other side. You’ll probably need to ask the support team of the store you purchased from for the native version. They may or may not provide it to you, as it is not mandatory for successful delivery.
- They responded to each of my emails the same day. Very quick response time.
- They offered several return/refund alternatives: $35 partial refund + keep the items, $90 store credit + keep the items, or get replacement items for $115 + keep the current items. I rejected all offers. They sent a second email increasing the first offer to $100 refund + keep the items. I refused again.
- In order to complete a standard return, not only do you need to get approval from their support team, but you also need to complete a return request via a return link they provide to you. You need to wait for approval again and upload a photo of each item showing that the tags are still intact. Fortunately, this was all done in one day, but annoying nonetheless.
Provided return instructions and guidelines:
- Click on the link, and enter your order number and email address used on the shipping address when prompted. ReturnBee link: http://aelfriceden.
- Please refer to the attached image sample (provided in the email) that needs to be uploaded to the returns portal.
- After your application is approved, you will receive return instructions (including the return address) automatically.
- Pack all the returned items, along with a print-off of your confirmation of purchase email, and a note specifying your RMA number securely in a box. You can use the box the items arrived in or another box if you prefer.
- Go to the local post office, or another courier, to ship the package (buyers are not allowed to return the goods on their own and need to use express delivery to return the goods).
- You will receive an email as soon as we receive your items, and when a refund is issued.
- Note that the return address to be filled in accurately is required, especially the number of #, which is the mark of the return certificate and is very important. If it is filled in incorrectly, it will affect the return service.
- “#” is a required character, and the number is filled in after the “#”.
- When filling in the numbers, if you cannot print them, you may need to write the numbers clearly.
- When returning the products, please kindly fill in the tracking number in “Add tracking details”.
Is Aelfric Eden Legit or a Scam?
Similar Sites & Analysis
According to Copyleaks (premium), the below plagiarism is detected:
Their About page has similar content to – purchgo.store, anarchystate.com, nevstudio.com, popflying.com, lemandik.com, AND MORE! – View Full Report on Copyleaks.com
Reverse Image Search:
Aelfric Eden appears to be the original source of their product images.
Do I Recommend This Shop?
Based on my experience, they are a legitimate shop. I paid for my items, received them within the estimated time frame, successfully completed a return, and received a full refund.
With that being said, I *most likely* will not shop here again.
While customer support is fast to respond, the return is domestic (in the USA), the refund came in less than a week, and I am generally happy with the quality and fit of the clothing, I have some concerns.
Firstly, the prices are a bit high, especially the cropped sweater. It fits great and the quality is good, but not for $60. Secondly, the varsity jacket overall is nice, however, it has tons of very long, frayed threads poking out from the seams (these seams should have been finished and sealed to prevent this from happening). Considering this is one of their more premium items, this makes me question if they take other shortcuts in production. Finally, while this could have been my own oversight, I was not aware that the jacket was a pre-order and waited longer than anticipated to receive it. As a matter of fact, EVERYTHING took a long time to arrive (over 3 weeks for the first package and over 4 for the pre-order). Also, I don’t really appreciate the overcomplicated, multi-step return process. Not a dealbreaker alone, but definitely a negative.
To wrap up this review, regardless of my experience, be sure to read other customers’ reviews if they are available. Every experience varies, and it is important that you are as informed as possible before making any ‘risky’ purchasing decision.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you found it helpful in your search for Aelfric Eden reviews, please consider sharing and commenting below. Have a wonderful day!
Share This Post
Don’t Miss Any Shop Reviews!
Just an email each time a shop review goes up! Don’t worry, I won’t spam you.