Is NNESI Legit? Learn Why They Are a SCAM
Are you eyeing some cute clothing on nnesi.com but feel it could be a scam? Today, we’ll put all doubts to rest as we answer the question: Is NNESI a legit company? The quick answer is no, they are a scam. Not only did they refuse to allow me to return my items, but this seller also uses counterfeit postage according to a notification from USPS.
In this review, I will share the details of my shopping experience (from purchase to return), my thoughts on their clothing, and brand information. Keep reading for more!
Before you continue, be sure to join my subreddit r/ClothingShopReviews! This subreddit is dedicated to helping each other avoid scams, exchanging information/research, asking questions, discussing positive/negative clothing shopping experiences, and sharing/discovering amazing clothing shops. Visit the casual thread Warmth & Latte, grab a virtual cup of coffee, and say hi!
Table of Contents
What is NNESI?
They are an online women’s clothing shop. They allegedly operate as both manufacturers and suppliers in retail fashion, producing clothing for some of the industry’s best-known brands. This passion and experience led to the creation of NNESI, offering ready-to-wear fashion produced by factories directly to consumers at low prices.
Is NNESI sustainable?
No, they likely are not. According to their About page, they support and encourage sustainable practices, including the use of recycled fabrics, to minimize waste. They partner only with brands and designers that guarantee fair treatment and pay for their employees. They also allegedly donate a part of their revenue annually to charitable causes, making an effort to eradicate poverty worldwide. Since they don’t substantiate any of these sustainability claims, I am inclined to think they are green-washing.
Read this article, 13 Easy Ways To Know If A Brand Is Fast Fashion by Panaprium, for tell-tale signs of a fast fashion company.
Where is NNESI located?
According to their product pages, they are based in the United States. However, according to their Contact page, they are located in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. They are located at the following addresses:
- Workshop 60, 3/F, Block A, East Sun Industrial Center No.16 Shing Yip Street Kowloon Hong Kong
- 145-157 St. John Street, London, England, EC1V 4PW
Additionally, according to the Page Transparency section of their Facebook page, their business page is run by managers located in China.
Where is NNESI’s clothing made?
According to their product pages, all of their clothing is made in South Carolina (United States).
More Shop Details
- The website nnesi.com was created in December 2021.
- According to their Contact page, they are affiliated with the following legal business names:
- BOMAI ADVERTISING CO., LIMITED
- XBP International LTD
- Read this List of Online Stores that the owner of NNESI most likely owns as well. This list has been compiled using clues like matching Google site logos, PayPal merchant names, business addresses, site layouts, etc.
- According to their product pages, they have warehouses in the U.S., CAN, U.K., and AUS.
- They offer free shipping over $79.
- They allow returns within 30 days of delivery. Their Return policy states that they only accept returns if the reason is due to quality issues.
NNESI Review and Order Details
I ordered the below items on 5/29/2023 to my address in North Carolina (United States). I paid a total of $122.97 to Dress Fashion (email@example.com) via PayPal. The charge appears on my credit card statement as “PAYPAL *DRESSFASHIO”. – View Order Confirmation
1) Trendy V-Neck Mini Dress
- Color, Size, and Cost: Blue / S / $42.99
- Country: The product page states that this was made in the United States.
- Material: The product page states 35% Elastane / 65% Rayon.
Expectation: It is VERY different from what I was expecting in terms of overall appearance. While it looks similar to the product image, not only is it a brighter blue in person, but the material they list on the product page is false. They claim that it is 35% elastane, but the dress has almost no stretch to it.
Quality: In my opinion, the quality is bad but wearable. See my Quality Comparison & Rating Chart to know my current quality-rating standards.
Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits about 1 size too small. View my Body Measurements for size reference.
Keep or Return: I would return this NNESI dress.
While I like the thin, airy feel of the material (great for a hot day), this dress is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive and the material is nothing like I expected. It is overall cheaply made.
2) Off-The-Wall-Printed Sweatshirt
- Color, Size, and Cost: Multicolor / M / $32.99
- Country: The product page states that this was made in the United States.
- Material: The product page states Cotton Blend.
Expectation: It is what I was expecting, for the most part, in terms of overall appearance. It is cheaper-looking in person (especially the crewneck area).
Quality: In my opinion, the quality is mediocre. See my Quality Comparison & Rating Chart to know my current quality-rating standards.
Fit: I ordered based on the size guide provided, and it fits well. View my Body Measurements for size reference.
Keep or Return: I would return this NNESI top.
While I tend to like these basic types of long-sleeved tops, and don’t expect or need premium quality, it is too expensive for how low quality it is.
I received two items in one package, and the package came from a warehouse in the United States. I was provided a tracking number.
Package Shipped From- 154-09 146th Ave., Jamaica, NY 11434
- Order placed on Mon, May 29th
- Order shipped on Fri, June 2nd
- Order received on Sat, June 10th
Total time of 12 days
Note: Their shipping policy states up to 25 business days (including processing time) for standard U.S. shipping.
Return & Refund Info
I emailed support to request a full return on June 11th. My request was not approved, as they only accept returns due to quality issues. I pointed out that they falsely advertise their clothing, and they did not seem to care. I filed a dispute/claim with PayPal on June 20th.
I went to open a dispute/claim with PayPal, and saw a message from the seller insisting that I reach out to their elevated support email to resolve the issue first. I reached out to this email, and they came back with the EXACT same response as NNESI’s support email, saying that they only accept a return if it is due to quality issues. I moved forward with filing a dispute/claim. The seller promptly offered a partial refund + keep the items. I negotiated an amount I was happy with, and the dispute was resolved.
I received the agreed-upon partial refund of $66 (the rest was previously refunded since an item was out of stock) on June 22nd and kept the items. I received the refund two days after filing the dispute/claim. – View Refund Receipt
- NNESI, Valanio, SSUNU, Ryabe and Orwyy are all the same seller. I had no issue returning or getting refunds for the items I didn’t like from all of the shops except for NNESI. They told me they cannot accept returns if there is no quality issue
- Regarding the out-of-stock item, they never informed me about this. I saw a refund amount of $46.99 back to my PayPal and assumed this was the reason.
Is NNESI Legit or a Scam?
In this section of the review, I will check their site for originality, discuss any suspicious information found, answer whether this company is legitimate or not, and let you know my recommendation. Keep reading for more!
Similar Sites & Analysis
According to Copyleaks (premium), the below plagiarism is detected:
- Their About page has similar content to – insummers.com, commonsent.com, suitsace.com, savedindress.com, elegsher.com, AND MORE! – View Full Report on Copyleaks.com
- Some of the product images have photoshopped patterns and designs on them. Based on my experience, the pattern/design in real life is always off whether it be the color, saturation, pattern intensity, or all three.
- The site has poorly written English. For example, “…we produced fashions for some of the best brands in the industry…”. This could be indicative of an overseas-run shop.
Do I Recommend This Shop?
Based on my experience, this company is a SCAM. While I did receive the items I paid for, and eventually got a refund in the amount I was satisfied with, there are a handful of reasons they are a scam:
- I checked the tracking number for my order with valanio.com (same seller as NNESI). A message was displayed on USPS’s site saying that counterfeit postage was used. Read Counterfeit Postage FAQ by USPS for more information.
- They refused to provide me with return approval despite success at their other shops (which have the EXACT same return policies). I even pointed out that it was due to a quality issue since they advertise their products falsely. They still didn’t care.
- Additionally, the clothing overall is unimpressive in quality, and they mislead customers by writing inaccurate product descriptions and using heavily edited product images.
To wrap up this review, regardless of my experience, be sure to read as many customer reviews as possible. If you found this post helpful in your search for NNESI clothing reviews, please consider sharing and commenting (via Reddit) below. Have a great day!
Share This Post