Commense is all about high-end design and construction that allows the wearer to truly stand out. With collections ranging from modern, timeless pieces to more cutting-edge creations, Commense exudes a sophisticated sensibility, while holding innovation at its heart. According to Commense, they seek to create a community inspired by body positivity, equality, and sustainability. The brand strives to empower its customers, giving them an opportunity to take part in the design and collections. As part of its mission to offer truly affordable luxury, they also works hard to promote responsible sourcing and fair trade and is introducing a system (‘COMIND’) to facilitate production planning and reduce waste in the fashion industry. They promote buying better and keeping forever.
The Commense clothing brand offers fashionable clothes made with quality materials, but how do you know it’s worth the investment? We’ll look into The Commense experience to answer the question: Is The Commense legit? From ordering to customer service, this review dives into all the important details, giving you an in-depth look at what The Commense is all about. Get the information you need to make an informed decision!
Table of Contents
When did Commense open shop? They opened shop in 2021.
What country is Commense based out of? They are based out of China.
What is Commense’s business address? Their address is Suite 603, 6/F Laws Comm Plaza, 788 Cheung Sha Wan Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Does Commense only sell online? They are online only, and do not have any physical locations.
Where is Commense clothing made? Based on the clothing I received, they are all made in China.
The below times and costs are based on living in the United States. Please refer to the link to see their policy for all other applicable countries.
Processing Time: 1-3 business days
Shipping Time (Business Days): Standard 7-14 | Express 4-10
Shipping Cost: Standard $7.99 | Express $15.99
Free shipping over $69
The Commense offers customers a 14-day return policy, meaning you have up to two weeks to initiate a return. You must pay for the return shipping unless the purchased items are defective. The steps for returning an item include first contacting the customer service team at email@example.com and indicating the item(s) for return, the order number, the reason for the return, and including a photo of the item(s). After the return is approved, instructions for where to send the item(s) are provided. When the returned items are received, they are inspected and the customer will be refunded if their return is approved. Refunds back to your original payment will typically be between 3-7 days.
Upon receipt, it is recommended that you immediately check for any defects and let Commense know so they can resolve the issue. Items returned must be in the same condition they were received in, with tags still attached and unworn or unused. All orders must first be approved before they are returned. Non-refundable items such as shipping fees, items bought with coupons, and items sent to the wrong address will not be refunded. Additionally, any non-Commense item that may be mistakenly included in the return package will not be sent back to the customer.
Defects do NOT include loose threads, raw edges, differences in fabrics, dissatisfaction with styles, colors, and incorrectly ordered sizes. As a reminder, it is advised to use the sizing chart to be sure of your purchase. Keep in mind that due to design and style variations, slight differences may occur between items of the same size.
As a note, do not send your items to the sender’s address on the package, and make sure all items being returned are Commense item(s). Items marked as Final Clearance, accessories, lingerie, or Intimate items (bras, panties, socks, tights) are not eligible for a return, and Commense is not responsible for any failed delivery attempts caused by negligence. Processing returns and refunds will take around 5 business days.
Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Number: Unknown
Support Hours: Unknown
They will respond within 24 hours. Be sure to check your spam folder should you notice they are taking a while to respond.
Click on the icons to see this brand’s social media pages and shopping apps.
What Does Commense Sell?
They DO NOT sell:
Estimated Price Ranges
Tops- $5.99 – $75.00
Bottoms- $9.99 – $65.00
Dresses- $7.99 – $64.00
Knitwear- $16.00 – $75.00
Outerwear- $25.99 – $95.00
Blazers- $29.99 – $92.00
Bodysuits- $9.99 – $39.00
Matching Sets- $6.99 – $79.00
Jumpsuits & Rompers- $14.99 – $55.00
Accessories- $5.99 – $45.00
I ordered the below linked items on 2/6/2023. My shipping address is in NC, United States.
Street Essential -Scoop Neck Everyday Tank Top
Placed on Mon, Feb 6
Item: Street Essential -Scoop Neck Everyday Tank Top × 1
Purple / M
Item: Tie Strap Contrast Print Wide Leg Jumpsuit × 1
White / L
(Discount COM10) – $2.89
Subtotal – $26.09
Shipping – $7.99
Taxes – $0.00
Total – 34.08 USD
(You saved US$2.89)
How I Paid
I paid with Paypal.
I sent a payment of $34.08 USD to 北京心潮无限科技有限公司广州分公司 (email@example.com).
The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *XINCHAOWUXI”.
I received the following emails from Commense once I placed my order:
- ‘Order Confirmation’ email on 2/6. This email contains my order #.
- ‘Thank you for your order!’ email on 2/6. They let me know that my order is processing.
- ‘Your order is on the way!‘ email on 2/7. This one contains tracking info.
- ‘Share your thoughts about your Commense items’ email on 2/18. Note: “Write an item review for any or all of your newly purchased products, and you will be qualified for a Lucky Draw for a $100 Commense gift card.”
How Long It Took To Arrive
Order placed on Mon, Feb 6
Order shipped on Tues, Feb 7
Order received on Fri, Feb 17
Total time of 11 Days
Tracking Company: YunExpress
14:24:00 delivered, in/at mailbox—-(MY CITY, NC)
06:10:00 out for delivery—-(MY CITY, NC)
12:11:00 arrived at post office—-(MY CITY, NC)
10:56:00 accepted at usps destination facility—-(MY CITY, NC)
18:06:00 departed shipping partner facility, usps awaiting item—-MCDONOUGH,GA 30253,MCDONOUGH,GA
18:20:00 arrived shipping partner facility, usps awaiting item—-MCDONOUGH,GA 30253,MCDONOUGH,GA
15:28:08 Departed from Facility.—-US0006
15:28:08 delivery to local courier
08:01:35 Arrived at Sort Facility.—-US0006
01:23:00 Arrived at AIRPORT of Destination
12:00:00 Custom clearance completed—-US,Chicago,US
08:36:00 Departed from AIRPORT of Origin
10:49:20 Arrive at international airport to abroad—-China
14:49:20 Departed Facility In processing center—-dongguan
05:16:45 Departed Facility in dongguan—-dongguan
02:29:12 Arrived at Sort Facility dongguan—-dongguan
09:44:29 Shipment information received
What I Received
I received two items in a single package, and they both seem to match the product images and descriptions. They came from a warehouse in Franklin Park, California.
Order & Package Images
Return & Refund
- Return requested: I emailed support to request a return on February 22nd.
- Return approved: My request was approved on February 24th, and I was provided the return address. I decided to accept a partial refund and keep the item. The total cost of the product being returned was $14.40. they offered me a partial refund of $9.40 in addition to keeping the item. Taking into consideration the cost of shipping (which I figured would be around $4-$5), I decided the refund amount would have been similar anyway.
- Refund received to my original payment method: I received a refund of $9.40 to my Mastercard on March 1st.
Total Time (from return request to completed refund): The process took a total of 7 days.
Please see the below email correspondences for a detailed look into the return and customer support process.
(Me) Wed, Feb 22
I have a few questions about your company as I am a new customer, and I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I also wanted to enquire about a return.
- What country is your company based out of?
- Do you have retail stores? Or just online shopping?
- Where is your clothing made?
- I would like to return one of the items I purchased, as it fit too small. Could you please provide me with the next steps/ instructions for the return? My order # is xxxxxx. I would like to return the ‘Tie Strap Contrast Print Wide Leg Jumpsuit × 1’ since it doesn’t fit well. Please see attached image of the item.
(Commense) Feb 23, 2023
Thank you for reaching out to us. Our company is in China. We are online shopping. We would like to offer you the following solution for your return request: Keep the item(s) and we will provide you a 100% store credit of the product amount, which is $14.40. You can redeem it on your next order with us. Please kindly let us know your thoughts.
Commense Customer Service Team
(Me) Feb 23, 2023
Thank you for your response! And thank you for letting me know about the store credit. I’m not sure when/ if I will be making another purchase with you guys, so can I have the option to return for a refund to my PayPal?
(Commense) Feb 24, 2023
Thank you for your reply. In this case, we will arrange the refund of $9.40 for you. If you do not want to keep the item(s) , you can gift it to your friend or donate it to local organizations for people in need. Hopefully, we can make a little contribution to your local community. Is that acceptable for you?
Customer Service Team
(Me) Thu, Feb 23
Thanks for your reply. I want to ask:
Why is the refund only $9.40 when the item is $14.40?
Why are you asking me to keep the item while still offering some amount of a refund?
I have never experienced a return like this, so I’m wondering what your company’s logic is with this sort of return policy.
(Commense) Feb 24, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Subtract the code you use. In fact, you only paid $14.40 for this item. For your return demand, we have applied for three solutions for you
keep the item(s) and we will provide you a 100% store credit of the product amount, which is $14.40. You can redeem it on your next order with us.
keep the item(s) and we will provide you a refund, which is $9.40.
Please return the goods to our address. Once we receive your return, we will refund you $14.40
Receiver Name: Commense
Country: United States
State: New York
City: Long Island City
Address: 47-57 31st Place
Post Code: 11101
Contact number: 19173464901
Which way do you prefer? Look forward to your reply.
Customer Service Team
(Me) Fri, Feb 24
I will do number 2, refund for $9.40.
(Commense) Feb 25, 2023
Thank you for your reply. In this case, we will arrange the refund of $9.40 for you. If you do not want to keep the item(s) , you can gift it to your friend or donate it to local organizations for people in need.
Hopefully, we can make a little contribution to your local community. Is that acceptable for you?
Customer Service Team
(Me) Mar 1, 2023
Yes this is acceptable, thank you. When can I expect to see the refund?
(Commense) Mar 1, 2023
Thank you for your confirmation. The refund will be credited back to your original payment account within 7-15 working days, subject to the bank’s processing time.
Customer Service Team
End of Emails
- Arrived within their estimated time frame
- Free shipping over $69
- Coupons are available
- All items arrived and they match the product images/ descriptions
- The garments do have Commense tags/ labels
- The material quality and overall construction is surprisingly nice!
- One of the items had a very faint stain on it. Not a huge issue, but I did notice it.
- The sizing seems to run small by about 1 size.
- Both garments fit strangely. The straps on both are too broad and are close to sliding off the shoulder if I move around enough.
- They do not have plus sizes
Is Commense Clothing Legit or a Scam?
Note: If the purchased items arrive, I am able to successfully return the items, and I receive a refund in the agreed-upon amount, I am deeming the company legitimate.
They are legitimate. I paid for my items, received them in a timely manner, and they processed my return efficiently and fairly quickly.
Now, is Commense a good brand? They advertise that they are committed to a greener future. They state that they use minimalist packaging, a high level of ethics with their manufacturing and sourcing, and high-quality fabrics.
I would purchase from them again!
Commense Clothing Reviews
- Most of these online clothing boutiques will require you to pay the return shipping. If you are returning an item/ items with a low total value ($5-$20), it may not make sense to pay to ship it back. If they offer a partial refund + keep the items or full store credit, that might be something to consider.
- Know your measurements and pay close attention to the size charts to avoid the hassle of having to return anything!
- When you send off your return in the mail, be sure to keep the tracking number! The company may want this information, and it will help should there be an issue regarding receipt on their end.
- If you are moving forward with a return and live in the U.S., it is most likely that U.S.P.S. will be the cheapest option (compared to FedEx or UPS).
Thank you for dropping in and reading this post! Please feel free to comment below, and if you find this Commense clothing review helpful, I would appreciate it if you could like, subscribe to the weekly newsletter, and share.
Share This Post